Review of: The "New and Expanded" Lazy Writer's Quick & Easy Money Program
I'm not sure about the lazy part, but yes, writing resumes is a wonderful way to make some extra money.
In fact, it's how I started out. My very first weeks as a copywriter, at Bastable Advertising in London, England, were spent writing recruitment ads and resumes.
I had other plans for my copywriting future, but I was at that agency long enough to see how incredibly lucrative the resume writing business was becoming.
And that was over 20 years ago!
Today, with corporate downsizing and outsourcing increasing daily -- and with tens of millions of people changing jobs time and again during their work lives -- the demand for quality resumes is going through the roof.
It really is. Look through some of the internet job and career sites. Do a search on Google. The need for resumes is huge, and growing fast.
Is there an opportunity here for writers and copywriters?
Here's how I see it. Making money writing resumes can work for writers and copywriters in a number of ways:
- If you are employed as a writer, you can write resumes part-time to earn vacation money, college money for the kids, retirement funds...whatever you want.
- If you are just starting out as a freelancer, writing resumes is a quick way to get started and build your cash flow while you are looking for other work and building your portfolio and business.
- Even if you are a seasoned freelancer, there are going to be times when work is slow. So why not fill in the gaps with a part-time resume writing business on the side?
And remember, you have one important skill that others in this business don't necessarily have - YOU CAN WRITE!
Here's what you get in the course package
This course if from the American Writers & Artist's Institute. I have reviewed a number of their courses, and this one is up to their usual high standard.
When you buy the course, here's what you get in the box:
1. Five separate guides...
- How to Write a Resume that Gets Results
- Starting Your Own Business
- Accelerated Marketing
- Running Your Resume Business
- Expanding Your Business, the Internet and Beyond
2. Examples of classified ads, flyers and resume questionnaires.
3. A copy of the Resume Deluxe 9.0 resume-writing software program, with manual.
In other words, you get everything you need in order to start, run and market a successful resume-writing service from your home.
You already have the writing skills. Add those to what you get with this course and you're on your way to earning a nice second income.